Have you ever wished you could send your visit data to another system for added benefits outside The Receptionist system? Our Zapier integration allows you to take many of those wishes and turn them into reality with just a few clicks!
- If you don't yet have a Zapier account (or just want to learn more), visit the Zapier website to create an account.
- Because our Zap doesn't have more than 50 users yet, you won't be able to find our integration in their directory just yet, so you'll need to visit this Zapier Integration page and click the blue "Start using The Receptionist now!" button in order to have our integration added to your account.
- Once the integration is available on your Zapier account, create a new Zap and choose "The Receptionist" from the list of available apps.
- Next choose which action you want to notify another system about. We currently offer Check-In, Check-Out, Pre-Registration, and Delete actions. (If you don't see an action you'd like to use, just let us know!)
- In order for Zapier to listen to the event you just chose, it will need to sign into The Receptionist. This is done by finding the API key associated with your account and pasting it into the Zapier authentication window. You can find your API key by visiting our Integrations page, clicking on the "View API Key" button.
- If you have multiple locations on your account and want the Zap to only run for check-ins that happen at a specific location, you will next be able to select the location you want to use. If you only have one location, or want the Zap to be run for any action that happens, choose the "Any Location" option.
- The final step is really where the creativity and power of Zapier comes in. You will now choose what App & Event you want to use. A few examples of things you could do are:
- Have a check-in add a new row in a specific Google Sheet.
- Have a check-in create a new opportunity in SalesForce.
- Have a check-in subscribe someone to a newsletter with your email provider.
- Have a check-out notify the contact or someone else.
- Have a pre-registration create a workflow in Trello.
This video shows all the steps to creating a new Zap (with an existing Zapier account) that will add a row to an existing Google Sheet each time a visitor checks in:
Just about anything you can think of is possible if the app you want to integrate with is available in Zapier!
We anticipate creating specific connections that our customers use over time, so if you create something that you are particularly proud of we'd love to hear about it and can share it with others!