The iOS Employee App is currently only available in
Private Beta for our most curious customers.
The steps in this guide will only work if you have previously reached out to us and had us enabled the feature for your account.
If you would like to try it out, please reach out to us via chat or email (and let us know your thoughts!).
Our employee app will allow you to give employees personal access to our system and provide the following functionality:
- Notifications and interactions with visitors who are checking in
- Review visitor history, conversations, and data as well as scheduled visits
- Manage their own check in and check out history
- Receive push notifications in areas where SMS may not be available
- Access to the Evacuation Log (account owner's only)
- Your employee(s) must be added to our system as a user and be setup with the "employee" or "account owner" role (our other roles will be supported in the future). This role will determine the level of access the employee will have on the Employee App.
- Once a user has been created, an invitation email with a link will be sent to the email address provided directing the person to setup a password for their account. The employee will need perform this step in order for the user account to be active.
- In order to tell our system what visits are associated with the user, you next need to edit a contact and set the "User" dropdown to point to the user that you created in step 1.
- Because this application is currently in a closed beta, your employee(s) will need to install the Employee App using Apple's TestFlight application on their iPhone.
- With TestFlight installed on their device, your employee(s) should then enroll into our beta program by visiting https://testflight.apple.com/join/QVLhWxr8 on their iPhone.
- Once enrolled, the employee should then see the "Receptionist for iPhone" listing and be able to install the application on their device.
- After the Employee App has been installed, the employee should then be able to open the application and sign into the app using the credentials they created in step 2.
From the main screen, an Account Owner has the option to navigate between tabs to view all checked in and scheduled visitors, view visitors who checked in to see them specifically (if they are also a contact in your system), as well as view the evacuation list and mark people off. If you're utilizing our employee check in feature employees can check out on-the-go directly from their app instead of making an additional trip to the iPad.
*If your user is set up as an Employee they will only be able to see visits where they were selected as the contact.*
Each visitor can be selected to view their details and be checked out (if they haven't already). The app can be used to send notifications to an employee's mobile phone directly, where they can then chat with the visitor if you have activated two-way chat.