The employee app serves several main functions:
- Notifications and interactions with visitors who are checking in.
- Reviewing visitor history, conversations, and data as well as scheduled visits.
- Managing employee's own check in and check out history.
- Evacuation Log access from mobile
To get started granting access to the employee app:
- Add them as a user with the "employee" or "account owner" role selected (depending on how much access you want them to have). This will send them an email to set up their own login credentials for the app.
- Edit their contact and adjust the setting in the User dropdown to point to their correct user name.
- The employee can now download the app to their iOS device and log in with the credentials created from the email in step 1.
From the main screen, an Account Owner* has the option to navigate between tabs to view all checked in and scheduled visitors, view visitors who checked in to see them specifically (if they are also a contact in your system), as well as view the evacuation list and mark people off. If you're utilizing our employee check in feature employees can check out on-the-go directly from their app instead of making an additional trip to the iPad.
*If your user is set up as an Employee only role they won't be able to view all check ins, but instead will see their visitors in the check in and evacuation logs.*
Each visitor can be selected to view their details and be checked out (if they haven't already). The app can be used to send notifications to an employee's mobile phone directly, where they can then chat with the visitor if you have activated two-way chat.
This feature is currently available in beta for our curious customers, so please reach out to us via chat or email if you'd like to try it out (and let us know your thoughts!).