We provide the ability to import contacts in the Employee Contact area, but we recognize that some of our customers have their employee information stored in ActiveDirectory and would like an easy way to sync that data with our system.
If your organization uses Active Directory to manage your users, you might be interested in having Active Directory update the employee contacts automatically. Our service is not able to connect directly to your Active Directory (due to security concerns), but we do provide you with a template script that can be installed and run on your servers. To use this script, someone in your organization will need to:
- Know the names of the organization unit(s) in ActiveDirectory that need to be synced with our system
- Have, at minimum, PowerShell version 3 installed on a server with access to the Active Directory
- Be able to schedule a task to run the PowerShell script.
If you have an account with us, you can obtain the PowerShell script template along with detailed instructions on how to configure and use if from the Active Directory Integration page.
We've done our best to ensure that getting set up to have Active Directory sync with our system is painless. All you will need to do is:
- Copy the PowerShell template and save it to a file on your network.
- Configure the script with the information needed to connect to your Active Directory.
- Run the script to make sure there are no errors and that the correct contacts are imported.
- Schedule the script to run on a regular basis.
If you run into any issues with these steps, don't hesitate to reach out to us using the chat icon in the bottom right, and we will be happy to help you out!
What about LDAP?
If your organization uses vanilla LDAP instead of Active Directory, hopefully our PowerShell script template will still give you a good idea of what a script will need to do in order to sync with our system. If you have an account with us, the Contact Import Integration page will give you details about the CSV file that you will need to create as well as how that file will need to be transmitted to us.