While we provide the ability to import contacts in the Contacts area, we recognize that some of our customers have their employee information stored in Active Directory and would like an easy way to sync that data with our system.
To help sync your Active Directory with our system we provide a PowerShell template that can be easily configured and/or modified to connect to your Active Directory, export users to a CSV file, and upload the CSV to our servers for processing. To use this template, you will need to be familiar with the following:
- PowerShell (version 3 or above)
- The names of the Organization Unit(s) in ActiveDirectory to be synced with our system
- Scheduling jobs that the PowerShell script
In order to obtain the PowerShell template, sign into your account, and then visit the Active Directory Integration page. This page will provide detailed instructions for how to use the script as well as the script itself, but here's a summary of the basic steps:
- Save the template from the integration page to a file on your computer or network.
- Configure the script with the information needed to connect to your Active Directory.
- Run the script to make sure there are no errors and that the correct contacts are imported.
- Schedule the script to run on a regular basis.
If you have any questions or run into any issues using the template, don't hesitate to reach out to us using the chat icon in the bottom right. We will do our best to help you out!
What about LDAP?
If your organization uses vanilla LDAP instead of Active Directory, the PowerShell template should give you a good idea of what a script will need to do in order to sync with our system. If you have an account with us, the Contact Import Integration page will is another good resource that outlines the details of the CSV file that you will need to create, as well as how that file will need to be transmitted to us.