Having trouble with your printer? If you are using version 4.4 or newer of the app, please use the troubleshooting guide built into the Printer Settings menu from within the app, otherwise, click here to walk through some questions with Marvin. This will help us get to the bottom of your printer troubles!
Follow these steps to connect a Brother QL-810W Printer to your WiFi network using a Macintosh computer
1. Plug your printer into an electrical outlet, but DO NOT turn the printer on yet.
2. Load in the large roll of label paper that came with your printer. These are DK-2205 labels, and you will need this model number later when you need to reorder labels.
3. Plug your printer into your computer using the provided grey USB cable. Now you can turn on your printer using the power button.
4. Visit the Brother download page and download the appropriate installer:
5. Once its installed Launch it and press AutoSelect, ensure it lists your printer, and press OK:
6. It will download and open the disk image for the drivers. Double Click on “StartHereMac”:
7. Launch the tool once it has downloaded open it and press "Next"
8. It will next search for wifi networks that your printer can connect to. Be sure to pick the same local network that your iPad is connected to.
9. Enter your network password when prompted:
10. The Setup will next prompt you to disconnect the USB cable from the printer. Once its on your network the USB cable is no longer needed:
11. You can continue on and install the printer driver if you’d like to print from your computer, but at this point you can click Cancel if you just want to print from The Receptionist
12. The wifi light on the printer will turn solid once it’s connected and has obtained an IP address.
13. You will now need to configure The Receptionist for iPad to know how to communicate with your printer:
From within the app on the iPad touch and hold for 5-10 seconds at the top middle of the welcome screen. Select the Printer Settings option from within the menu and enter your password when prompted. The iPad will search for and allow you to connect directly with the printer on your network if it finds one.
If your iPad does not find your printer you may still be able to get the iPad to connect by manually supplying the IP address. To get the IP address on the 820NWB printer:
Press the Menu button and the down arrow button to go to “WLAN” settings.
Press the Up arrow button to go to “WLAN Status” and press the OK button.
Select “Infrastructure Mode” and press OK.
The IP address will be listed there, usually as a couple sets of numbers separated by periods. AKA 123.123.1234.123
You can then press the "MANUAL SETUP" button with the app on the iPad to manually specify the IP address of the printer.
Select the printer and press the "TEST PRINT" button to ensure the iPad can successfully communicate with the printer.